Thursday, July 12, 2012

Masters

One in the morning is not a good time to be looking at masters programs and figuring out what you need to change during your last two semesters in order to have all of the prerequisites.

It also is not a very good time to write a blog post. But putting my thoughts into words takes some of the stress off of my mind. So maybe I will sleep well tonight, unlike every other night this week.



I have a few things to figure out.
1. I could change my course plan for the next two semesters. This would involve dropping the psychology cluster I am currently planning on graduating with. I would replace some of the psychology classes with a statistics class (3 credits) and two anatomy & physiology classes (8 credits). But then I would be overloaded with credits and would not have room for the psychology classes that I also need for prerequisites. So I do not think that is an option.

2. I could take one or two of the above mentioned classes at a local college when I get home for the fall semester. But I don't know if it is too late for that. Time for a phone call with father.

3. I could graduate without changing anything, and enroll in the classes at some college somewhere immediately after I graduate. That sounds the most reasonable. But I don't know where I will be going be when I graduate. I honestly have absolutely no idea. I need to figure that out soon so that I can look into schools. Home is always an option, but I don't know if that will necessarily be the best option.

4. I could just forget about getting a masters in OT all together and just live with a BMA, teaching kids the cello and piano in my living room for a starting wage of $15 a lesson while working retail the rest of the time to bring home a barely sustainable income. (yeah, not going to happen.) Not as huge of a problem if I were to be married by then, but that isn't what I really want anyway. (I do plan on teaching lessons, but I don't think I want that, or retail, to be my full time occupation for the rest of my life..)

The third option sounds the most appealing to me, because that will give me more time to work out applications without having the rest of the undergrad to worry about at the same time. I can work 35 hours a week and take the necessary prerequisite courses, no matter where I am.
It's just the whole figuring out where I will be in a year and what schools are available that offer those courses for people looking to just fulfill the prereqs that is a bit daunting.

Time to get busy praying about all of this.
Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment