Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sour

Today looked interesting. It looked potentially appealing, perhaps risky, and there was no telling how it would turn out. So I took a slow, deep, heavy bite.
Surprise!! It was sour.
The taste was shocking at first, but I am familiar with this taste, so I scrunched up, and just let myself endure it. I kept working my way through, just hoping every second that it would get better.
I took my first swallow, hoping to relieve some of the discomfort. It helped, but there was still some strong sour taste remaining. 

I kept taking some hard swallows, until all that was left was a bitter aftertaste.
Came home, washed the taste out of my mouth in the form of a hot bubble bath, a lotion rub-down, music, and scripture reading.

Despite how sour it was, it wasn't the worst thing I have ever tasted. And it wasn't quite sour enough to make my eyes water, so I consider that to be a bonus for today. I could take another bite if I needed to. Though if I take too many in a row, that may cause some watery eyes and too much of a bitter taste for me to handle.
I have a whole plate of life sitting in front of me. Chances are, I will be taking plenty more bites from the sour stuff. It's the getting used to it, and maybe even learning to look forward to eating it, that is the tricky part.



I love analogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment