Sunday, January 29, 2012

Knowing

As far as my last post is concerned, I have figured out what to do.
I went to the temple yesterday and had plenty of time to pray and ponder. I now know what I need to do, and I am grateful for the kind support and love that I receive.

Being at BYU-Idaho has just been great. There are ups and downs, but I am really enjoying my time out here. I am learning more and more that this is where I need to be.

I miss home so much, but I do not think I would trade this opportunity for anything else.
Learning to let things go and find the positive in every situation is difficult, but I am beginning to see the rewards of such hard work. There is still a long way to go in my learning, and a long way to go with difficult situations. I am determined to keep moving forward, no matter what happens, and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ everywhere I go. Be it by my behavior, discussion, actions, or just a smile and a wave 'hello'; I have become aware of how important it is for me, in my life, to live up to what I know to be true.

I challenge all who read this to think about what kind of an example you would like to set in your life. Think about what you want to be remembered for. Think about the people you care about, the people you see everyday, or even the complete strangers you run into throughout life. President Thomas S. Monson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, said
"You are an example of righteousness in a world which desperately needs your influence and your strength."

Later in that talk, he quoted D&C 84:88, where Christ says:
"I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." 

I know we can do anything the that Lord commands us to do, and I have faith that it is true - everything He says. Everything the prophets have said. Life is hard and we come across very difficult, annoying, and painful situations from time to time. The gospel of His church brings about the greatest joy you could feel on Earth. Living by the gospel does not mean everything bad will go away. Hardships will still come, temptations will still bother us, and we will get frustrated and lose our patience. We will wonder why, and we will question ourselves and everything around us. We will find ourselves trapped in pits of darkness, unsure of the answers and where to go.

Begin to trust in the gospel. You will find no greater peace, happiness, no more excitement and joy anywhere in the world than where the gospel lays firm and true. With time and faith, all confusion and spiritual clutter will be lifted away, as far as we remain diligent and do what we need to do - pray, read scriptures, attend all church meetings, etc.

Through this, I know I can get through anything.
And I challenge you all to learn that for yourselves, as well. You can do that by being a living example of Christ and obeying His word.

It takes time, but I know we can all do it.

Have a great week, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment