Sunday, August 14, 2011

Doomed

My family and I had a discussion on politics this evening, and can I just say that the world frightens me?

Yes, to my LDS friends, I have faith, I know what the church says, I know this is all supposed to happen, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stroll through this absent minded, blissfully ignorant, keep living my life the way I live it and just hold on until the end. No. Because I know things are going to get bad, and they're going to get bad fast, and it will effect everyone. I am not exempt just because I have certain religious beliefs. It doesn't say anywhere that we will not be affected. It actually warns us that we will be affected, even the good and righteous (and let's face it, nobody's perfect), and I'm not going to go through this life just letting things happen and not doing anything about it.

I feel so torn on politics. I know if I voiced the way I really feel, I would be hounded. I know this, because it has happened before. It would be nice to believe that "oh, I'm in the adult world now, people are more mature here and won't be so nasty", but we all know I would just be kidding myself. Nope. It would be worse.
Yet I feel so strongly about what I believe, both religiously and politically, and it is one of the most frustrating things to watch people I care for and consider my friends to say such awful things about my beliefs.

I know I won't change people's minds, but it nearly brings me to tears of frustration and sorrow that so many people don't understand how awful they are being, saying the things they are saying!!!! So many people fight for "no hate" over so many things, yet the moment someone disagrees with something, all sorts of false judgments are made, names are shouted, anger rises. This is HATE, the EXACT THING they are "fighting" against. It makes me sick. It really really does.

Isaiah 5:20-23 pretty much sums up the way I feel right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment