Saturday, July 30, 2011

Already

For the past month or so, I have had a number of people say to me "don't work too hard!"

I never know what to say to this because I already am working too hard. My hours have gone up and I'm working 45-50+ hours a week now with my two jobs, plus I'm preparing for a number of things on my cello including an audition and memorized performance. I also have my church calling to fulfill, school to prepare for, chores to do around the house, errands to run and people to see, organizing to do, finish painting my room, phone calls to make...


I'm working too hard!

How do you not work too hard when someone tells you to?

I always have this feeling of not wanting to disappoint people, not wanting to worry them, make them anxious, stressed, or anything. I want to please everybody. This is both a strength and a weakness, so much to the point that I feel like I'm letting people down by working to hard and then having a bunch of people tell me "well don't work too hard."

Does this make sense?
I'm not losing sleep over this, but it really does make me laugh to myself every time I'm told this.
And I'm fine, really I'm fine! I'm happy to be working hard. I feel like I'm making accomplishments. This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment