Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Work

Being a poor college student, of course I have been looking for ways to make more money. For several weeks I have been trying to pick up a second job; one that isn't fast food. I have been unsuccessful in my searches, yet this week at Dairy Queen (my current place of employment), I have suddenly been given 15 more scheduled hours of work than originally expected. Also, my manager is having me work later than scheduled so that important work can be done. So far this week, I have worked 16 hours, and am still scheduled for 10 more, which may end up being 12 more.
If weeks keep building up like this all summer, I won't need a second job! Working 20-30 hours a week is exactly what I wanted!! Even though my feet are killing me, it's not even 6:00 and I'm ready to go to bed, and I keep finding chocolate on my arms and white icing in my hair, I am going to feel so much more secure and better off when the summer is over and I have an extra $2,000 from work stowed away in the bank. :)

Hopefully I'll get a raise, too... that would be nice!
But for now, I am just grateful to have a job. I know so many out there are unable to find employment, even for minimum wage, so I am grateful either way to simply have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment