Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Glad

I am SO relieved that this semester is over! My life literally feels a good 300 lbs lighter. I really cannot wait until I graduate. What an excellent feeling that will be.

I had ice cream the other day, and tonight, and I have not gotten sick. It is a miracle, truly it is. I thought I was going to be lactose intolerant for the rest of my life. I basically figured that if there is ice cream in heaven, I will have some then, but no more during this life time. I felt the desire to indulge (a very rare occurrence, happens maybe one or two times a year), and I never felt sick. Never. So I tried it again tonight. Still not sick. It's amazing. I think the pro biotics are doing the trick. That, and many many prayers and blessings. As silly as ice cream is, the fact that I am being blessed with this opportunity to enjoy a part of life I have not been able to enjoy for a very long time, tells me that I am doing something right. I am doing the right things. I am taking my life down the right path. Good things keep happening, and I know they come directly from the Lord.
Again, I know ice cream is just so silly, but the happiness this brings to me - being able to eat something I thought I would never be able to enjoy again, and not be in agonizing pain from it, not even have annoying cramps and multiple bathroom visits - this is like a miracle to me. I'm supposed to feel miserable right now. I should be in the bathroom being sick on the toilet. And I'm not. Six long years of this disease, and I am finally seeing signs in my digestive system of actual recovery. The pain can stop, the urgent bathroom trips can stop, but I still can feel sick and tired and weak, and be very limited in my diet. I do still feel very tired and weak, and I imagine I will feel that way for a long time until working brings my strength back. But my diet is improving. This is amazing. I have had the mindset that I will live the rest of my life eating from a very limited diet. This isn't necessarily bad, but the discovery that I might not need to, for me, makes me happy beyond belief!!!! And I know this is a blessing for me directly from my Father above. I'm so glad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment