I am really enjoying being on spring break right now. However, it is really messing up my sleep schedule. I keep sleeping in past noon and I literally never fall asleep without medication anyway, but now, even with medication, because I'm getting so much sleep, I'm restless. Tired, but restless. Not exhausted. Just very tired and not feeling top-notch. And restless.
Lucky for me (and all other students starting school after break next week), day light saving time starts on Sunday. We lose an hour! Right before classes! Yay! That will certainly help.
Enough with the pessimism, there is a lot to be happy for, no need to waste time complaining.
My friend Nikki has been doing this on her blog. I did the facebook version, the 30 Day Photo challenge, and this one seems to be a little more geared towards blogs. I can't upload pictures every day (rural internet), but I can do the challenge anyway and upload pictures later.
So here is Day 1:
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts about yourself
I am Laura, I play cello and piano. I have short hair and I don't know what color my eyes are.
1. When it comes to politics, I have my opinions, often very strong opinions, but I rarely share them for the sake of keeping peace and preventing turning friends into enemies. O_o I have views on all of that as well, but it's easier to just stay quiet and let the voting do the talking.
2. I absolutely LOVE roller coasters. Any day I ride on a roller coaster is a happy day for me.
3. I love Eeyore.
4. My memory is huge. And I do not know why. Some people find it creepy. My family finds it astounding. I just see it as a part of who I am. I remember everything and anything unimportant. Things people said and did, when they said it, why it was (or was not) of relevance, and anything else I might be able to throw in there. Like the day of the week and the time of the day. I would give an example but it would take to long to explain everything that happened. O_o
5. I love cake. Cake is my favorite food.
6. I hate sea food, coconuts, pineapples, fancy foods, raspberries, strawberries, plums, fast food, licorice, garlic, ranch, asian food.
I also cannot have: dairy, veggies (except for potatoes), red meat, many nuts, high citrus fruits, also (by themselves) apples, grapes, bananas... though I love apple pie, grape juice, banana bread, lemon cake and orange cake. :)
7. In the past few years I have started to love dresses. I love dresses. Too bad I love being comfortable even more, otherwise I'd wear dresses a LOT more often. However, despite this girly interest, I cannot stand to have my nails painted.
8. Two major talents of mine that I am very passionate about are music and art. Playing, listening, studying, writing, leading, learning, performing music is what I love. Creating, observing, becoming inspired, working, admiring, sculpting, emoting through art is a talent I have that I am very grateful for.
9. If I had no musical talent whatsoever, there are many other careers I would consider: Interior Design consultant. Fashion consultant. Makeup artist (stage makeup). Child Life Specialist. Meteorologist. Astronomer. There are more but I cannot remember them at the moment.
10. For the last 6 years of my life I have been battling Crohn's Disease. It has changed my life in so many ways. Though I strongly dislike it, I do not resent having it. I am who I am today because of this, and I'm proud of the adult I am becoming.
11. I love to learn. Everything and anything. If my master plan of education works out (where I'll get all the degrees I want), I'll be going to school for a very long time. But I am ok with that!
12. Summer is my favorite season.
13. Before I die, I want to travel the world. I want to visit every state in the USA(36 down, 14 to go!), every continent (I'll be ok if I never see Antarctica), learn some languages, and just travel. I love traveling.
14. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. All I can say is I am so grateful to know the things I know and belong to this church. It means my life to me.
15. I have soooo many problems with Disney Channel today. I will post a blog rant about my issues with this channel sometime.